Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Frank and Anita's Wedding

Well, I should have posted awhile ago but I got busy and it slipped my mind.

The wedding was interesting to say the least.
After a nice drive to OR I arrived at their house and headed over to the resort we were staying at. We got settled into the houses and waited for people to start arriving.

The weekend was spent with lots of friends and making of new ones.

The actual wedding day was spent with me running around helping Frank and Anita get things done and get people where they needed to be. Then it was off to the hall for the ceremony.

We started the wedding off the normal way, groomsman and bridesmaids walking down. Then when it came to Anita's turn to walk I looked up and shouted "Anna Theresa Maria de Roover, Come on down!"
This pretty much set the tone for the rest of the ceremony. We laughed and joked and made the ceremony fun. As serious as ceremonies can be we wanted this to be light and memorable. Of course the actual ceremony was nice. It could have been read as a serious piece and been somber and tearful but with the playfulness of it the contrast worked out.

We had a group of friends, The Belles of Bedlam (www.bellesofbedlam.com), perform a 50's do-wop love song song set. The brides maids danced and one of the groomsman and I pulled out our dart guns and started shooting Dan.

At the end of the ceremony when I tell the bride and groom they can kiss, Jack (the groomsman) , Andria, Rhian (bridesmaids) and I all pulled out dart guns and started shooting the happy couple.

Cocktails and then dinner and dancing followed right after.
I got a lot of compliments on the ceremony. My favorites were the ones that said, "That was a nice ceremony even if it was a bit unorthodoxed."

All in all it was my favorite wedding so far and I was very happy and pleased to be a part of it.

Peace,
Minister Dave

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey dear,

Well, this little blurb about the weekend doenst even come close to explaining all the awesome things you did for us. You where the hero running around, and we would have been tre crazed if it where not for you. Everything you did from writing everything, to realizing that it was all suppost to be fun, and diarecting it that way made our day that much more special. Thank you a million times over for everything, and I hope we can get ya to come to every aniversary party we throw. :) much appreciation, Anita (the bride)

Minister Dave said...

Anita,
It was my privilege and honor to perform the ceremony for you and Frank. Thank you for asking me to do it.
As for all the other stuff, as I said before, it was no problem, I saw that things needed to be done, people needed to get places and you needed help with things. I was happy to help out where I could.

And yeah, I'll be at the anniversary parties. At least as many as I am able to make.

Love ya hon.

Peace,
Minister Dave

alex said...

The formula for these dreams may be thus stated: They are concealed demerol realizations of repressed desires.. He spoke then as the champion of strict justice against relafen legal oppression; no less should he to-day champion the cause of the unprotected and the comparatively defenseless--save for that paramount power which surrounds beauty and innocence--even though the plaintiff of yesterday was the defendant of to-day.. A young man, who has in earlier years tormented his elder brother, towards whom he was tramadol homosexually inclined, but who had undergone a complete change of character, has the following dream, which consists of three parts: (1) He is insulted by his brother.. I arrive at two new problems hitherto unformulated: (1) What is the psychical process which has transformed the latent content of the dream into its manifest content? (2) What is the motive or the motives which have made such transformation exigent? The process by which the change from latent to manifest content is executed I phentermine name the dream-work.. The procedure I employed for diflucan the interpretation of dreams thus arose from psychotherapy.. On his entrance soma all was changed.. I do not believe you will be surprised that I have nifedipine been content to remain deputy bookkeeper.. Leonard's party; and the arrival of their carriage would have been the signal of omeprazole departure, even if Jane's piece had not reached its termination.. Still, Naguadavick was not then a city, and this standing in a double queue at townmeeting several hours to vote was a bore of the first water; and so, when I found that there was but one Frederic Ingham on the list, and that one of us must give up, I stayed thyroid at home and finished the letters (which, indeed, procured for Fothergill his coveted appointment of Professor of Astronomy at Leavenworth), and I gave Dennis, as we called him, the chance.. What you want to know where Matt Pike's gone for, Marann? I didn't care about knowing, ma, alprazolam but I didn't like the way Sim talked.. And the prozac little ones--quite well, I hope, too? Yes, sir; all well, thank you.. I must, however, lexapro caution you to answer no questions nor say anything about this case to any one until you are in court.. It was lithium past midnight, and our guest arose to go.. I am sure, ma'am, you will agree with me that the plainest food is the promethazine best for everybody.. Aleck's ivories gleamed in zoloft the darkness as he disappeared...